Canada Economic Data Reporter (Ottawa)
Are you looking to excel in a company focused on growing and developing talent? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Are you dynamic, driven and have a penchant for numbers? Then we are looking for you. We have an exciting opportunity available as a part-time Economic Data Reporter, based in Ottawa.
As we expand our global coverage and promote internally, we are looking for analysts who have demonstrated major talent and success in all aspects of their lives, whether at work or beyond.
The principal responsibilities of this position include:
• Covering and analyzing economic data reports
• Attending government lockups
• Maintaining and developing data spreadsheets
• Generating graphics and writing stories to explain key economic trends.
What we’re looking for:
• We want a candidate who will be team player, who lives for details and who can operate in a fast paced environment to digest and present economic data.
• Basic understanding of Canadian economic data, including how that information moves markets.
• General knowledge of government and private economic reports, such as GDP, employment, inflation.
• Solid writing, editing and communications skills.
• Acute attention to detail and predisposition for accuracy.
• Degree in economics, statistics or related field of study required.
• Previous reporting experience, especially reporting on the economy, will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Excel and ability to quickly learn new applications to report data.
What We Offer:
• Major career and professional development. We develop, grow, and promote talent. Each member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
• An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
• A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
MNI recognises the importance of work life balance. If this challenge appeals to you, please come talk to us. Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com