Connect with us

Lifestyle

Anthony Scaramucci sent a cryptic tweet about leakers that also seemed to call out Reince Priebus (SCREENSHOT)

Published

on

White House communications director Anthony
Scaramucci sent out a cryptic tweet Wednesday night that seemed to call
out White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.

“In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and the @TheJusticeDept #swamp @Reince45,” Scaramucci’s tweet read.

After several political commentators and news websites speculated
that Scaramucci may have been threatening Priebus in that tweet, Scaramucci tweeted again: “Wrong! Tweet was public notice to leakers that all Sr Adm officials are helping to end illegal leaks.”

He also deleted the original tweet:

A screenshot of Scaramucci's original message.

A screenshot of Scaramucci’s original message.
(Screenshot via Twitter)

Scaramucci’s original message appeared to reference a story on an alleged financial disclosure that was reported by Politico earlier Wednesday.

The report claimed that Scaramucci earned $4.9 million from his stake
in the investment firm SkyBridge Capital and a salary of more than $5
million between January 2016 and June 2017.

Scaramucci’s social-media postings come amid long-playing
rumors of turmoil with Priebus — and speculation that Priebus’ job may
be on the line now that Scaramucci is firmly in President Donald Trump’s
inner circle as the new White House communications director.

According to several reports, Priebus and former White House press secretary Sean Spicer were both vehemently against Scaramucci’s hiring.

CNN contributor Ryan Lizza said Wednesday night that Scaramucci
blamed Priebus “for blocking him at every turn” when he tried to get a
job in the White House soon after Trump was elected.

Lizza said that Scaramucci tried to go around Priebus to talk to
Trump about working in his administration, and later blamed Priebus “for
cancelling three scheduled meetings with the president” before he was
eventually hired as communications director.

Priebus has previously sought to downplay suggestions that he was at
odds with Scaramucci. Priebus appeared on Fox News host Sean Hannity’s
program last week to say that rumors he and Scaramucci didn’t “like each
other” were untrue. In Scaramucci’s first official appearance in front
of the White House press corps last week, he said he and Priebus “are a little bit like brothers, where we rough each other up once in a while, which is totally normal for brothers.”

Back to the leaks

CNN reporter Evan Perez threw cold water on Scaramucci’s claim
that leaks of his disclosure info were a felony, saying “financial
disclosure forms are filed with the Office of Government Ethics (OGE)
and are not classified.”

Still, US Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores backed Scaramucci in a statement released Wednesday night:

“We have seen an astonishing increase in the number of leaks
of classified national security information in recent months. We agree
with Anthony that these staggering number of leaks are undermining the
ability of our government to function and to protect this country.

“Like the Attorney General has said,’whenever a case can be
made, we will seek to put some people in jail, and we will aggressively
pursue leak cases wherever they may lead.'”

Trump has also publicly denounced leaks of unflattering revelations
about his administration, which is deeply embroiled in a broad FBI
investigation of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 US election and possible
collusion with the Trump campaign.

Scaramucci’s perceived social-media snipe at Priebus loosely
resembled the types of attacks Trump has leveled against his own
attorney general, Jeff Sessions, over the past week.

Trump, in a series of tweets and public statements, has rhetorically strong-armed Sessions
for recusing himself from the ongoing Russia investigation, calling him
“beleaguered,” and accusing him of taking a “very weak position” on
matters involving his former Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton. He left
open Sessions ultimate fate within his administration on Tuesday, saying
“time will tell” what happens next.

Advertisement

Ike Ani is a Freelance writer whose quest constantly is to relate happenings around the world to human daily living. He's also a song writer and singer, Acoustic Guitarist, and Teacher.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Lifestyle

L. A Prisoners Infect Themselves With Coronavirus To Get Early Release (VIDEO)

Published

on

By

A group of silly L.A area prison inmates were very eager to contract the dreaded coronavirus .

They attempted this because they believed that would trigger their ticket out of prison.

According to the L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva who made the startling revelation Monday, said about twenty-four (24) inmates at the Pitchess Detention Center in Castaic attempted (and somewhat succeeded, apparently) to infect themselves way back in mid-April 2020.

The Sheriff revealed that their department saw an increase in spike in confirmed cases out of nowhere.

He said that when they investigated, they found a high number of inmates living in one block of the prison appeared to be deliberately trying to infect each other with COVID-19 any way they could from behind bars.

When Alex Villanueva played the surveillance footages he and his team combed through carefully , and it showed several inmates hanging out in a common area and passing around what Alex described as a hot cup of water, as well as one face mask they’d each put on all in hopes of getting sympathy from a judge to spring them from the facility and let them go home.

But it turns out, their little ploy worked but, only halfway.

Villanueva reported that 21 of the inmates (out of 50 in the block) caught the ‘Coronavirus.

“What they won’t catch is a break” said the Sheriff.

Watch the Video HERE

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: 12 Year Old Albino Girl Suffers Eye Problems After Hawking Veggies In Abuja (PHOTOS)

Published

on

By

A very sad Facebook post greeted Nigerians from Abuja showing a 12 year old Albino Girl Grace, who started developing sight problems after Hawking Veggies under the scorching sun in Abuja.

The Facebook post stated that the little girl was asked to hawk the veggies by her aunt whom she lives with.

Below are the Screenshots of the Facebook post:

This sad news has sparked an outrage by well meaning individuals who spoke against such cruelty and insensitivity of the said girl’s aunt.

what do you think of this? Drop your comments below.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

“Buhari is Made In London” – Reno Omokri Blasts Presidency On Nigerian Made Products

The Buhari administration has been known for enforcing the Nigerian people to patronize Nigerian made goods though without much strategy to make life easier while this transition to economic growth is enforced.

Published

on

By

Reno Omokri Nuggets

The Buhari administration has been known for enforcing the Nigerian people to patronize Nigerian made goods though without much strategy to make life easier while this transition to economic growth is enforced. Many Nigerians have tagged it a harsh move that is insensitive and inhumane but moreso, Reno Omokri has singled out signals of hypocrisy in the President of Nigeria by outlining certain traits of family moves of the President that shows that he(Buhari) as the No.1 citizen has no regards for anything made in Nigeria but yet wants other Nigerians to embrace Nigerian made goods.

Reno Omokri ‘s tweet reads:

His kids schooled in England. His wife just returned from a 3 month UK stay. His daughter gave birth to his grandchild in Spain (made in Spain), yet
@MBuhari
, who is London, wants us to patronise made in Nigeria!

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending