WSP is a company currently seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join their Mechanical & Electrical Department , located at their Victoria office. Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical this position will be responsible for a technical role in the mechanical engineering group in the Victoria office. If you are qualified, read the below details and then apply.
• Reporting directly to a Project Manager
• Working in a team environment
• Working on a wide range of project assignments within the mechanical buildings field, including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection
• Taking responsibility for project assignments from concept design to completion of construction
• Communicating effectively with clients, design professionals, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction
• Reliably and promptly responding and attending to clients’ needs
• Understanding and practicing safe work procedures
• Understanding and adhering to project budgets and timelines
• Following established quality assurance and quality control processes
• Reviewing and assessing existing systems, and preparing condition reports
• Preparing load calculations utilizing industry standard heating/cooling load analysis and energy modelling software
• Selecting systems and equipment and preparing project specifications
• Coordinating preparation of project drawings utilizing industry standard drafting and BIM modelling software.
• Other duties as assigned/required.
• University or Technical college degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• EIT or P.Eng. registration with APEGBC
• 2 – 5 years of experience in consulting mechanical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required
• Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CARRIER HAP or TRANE Trace, and AutoCAD are required. Proficiency with REVIT is considered an asset
• An extensive understanding of building construction, building mechanical systems and controls
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).