Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world’s leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Teladoc Health.
Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, values and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share with our clients.
The bilingual Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for leading all aspects of Medical Records collection, organization, management, tracking and returns. You contact and build relationships with external physicians’ offices, imaging and medical facilities for medical records, tracks and sorts incoming information, organizes the records within each case and ensures quality and timeliness of case completion. Records pertinent to case management come in many forms including physician dictated notes, imaging studies (x-ray, EKG, MRI/CT, etc.) and pathology slides all which need to be sorted, verified, uploaded, reviewed and in some cases, returned on case completion.
What you will do:
• Coordinate and lead the collection and administration of medical records and related information from doctors’ offices, hospitals and facilities.
• Develop and maintain relationships with medical record facilities.
• Think creatively to prevent and mitigate case delays, influence external entities to secure medical records.
• Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of all assigned cases and facilities.
• Document case information clearly and concisely.
• You ensure all casework and processes (Medical Records, Imaging and Specimen Samples) follow PIPEDA and PHIPA compliant protocols throughout the entire process.
• Ensure the highest quality and timeliness for all outgoing Best Doctors reports and communications.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
• Maintain filing and storage systems as required for electronic and CDs and physical records.
• Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Provide Member with assistance, support and follow up where necessary.
What we are looking for:
• Bilingual in French and English required.
• Your knowledge of medical terminology is considered an asset.
• Extraordinary interpersonal and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
• Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to focus on issue resolution in order to drive efficiencies.
• Excellent verbal, written and telephonic communication skills with the ability to explain concepts in a clear and articulate manner.
• You have the ability to influence others to achieve positive results.
• Ability to work reciprocally with colleagues.
• Superior problem-solving skills with ability to make decisions confidently when information or guidelines are lacking.
• Proficient in technology including: software programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook& Excel and medical imaging software.
• Comfortable recommending process changes to better achieve better experience for members.
• Very competitive salary $40,000-$45,000 CAD
• Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
• RRSP& DPSP – 5% match vested immediately
• 15 days paid vacation + 10 paid holidays
• Awesome people to work with
• Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters