Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary
A career in Consulting will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
• Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
The Healthcare Team at Deloitte includes more than 100 seasoned professionals across Canada who understand our clients’ challenges and specializes in serving all segments of the Canadian health system. Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for implementation and results. As trusted advisors to many leading health organizations, we have been instrumental in shaping the evolution of the Canadian health industry. Some of our key clients include: Health Canada, Canada Health Infoway, The Hospital for Sick Children, Sunnybrook & Women’s College Health Sciences Centre, University Health Network and the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in Ontario , Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services in Alberta and BC Ministry of Health and Vancouver Costal Health in BC to name a few. We are looking to add to our successful practice in Canada and are seeking an experienced resource to join our team.
Key Role & Responsibilities
The Following Describes The Responsibilities Of The Position
As a Senior Consultant of Health Digital Integration you would work with our HIAL practice team to design, develop and implement health integration platforms that meet the needs of our clients.
• Responsible for architecture of complex solutions solving real world problems
• Responsible for leadership and support for full development cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment
• Manage and motivate diverse project teams of 5-10 people
• Cultivate relationships with clients and ensure complete satisfaction through the realization of business benefits from the project
• Prepare and present material to senior client management
• Support RFP responses or proposals, build market eminence, and pursue new client opportunities
• Develop your expertise in a specialization
• Contribute to practice growth and development
• Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
• Conducting design architect reviews, gap analysis and assessment
• Selecting systems and capabilities to meet business requirements and evaluating new techniques for improved functionality
• Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field with outstanding academic credentials is required.
• Graduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g., computer science or engineering, health professional, health informatics, health systems administration) preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years managing projects
• 3 years minimum working within the healthcare sector, either as a technical professional or a health information systems/health informatics professional.
• Experience with information management, electronic health records and/or health information technology within a healthcare setting.
• Working with interdisciplinary groups and teams, including physicians and other allied health professionals.
• Strong problem-solving skills – ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
• Willingness to travel.
• Experience with clinical system implementations (technology and business elements)
• Experience with health industry standards (e.g., Health Level 7)
• Experience with one or more SDLC methodologies.
• Experience with two or more of the following technologies (or similar platform experience):
• IBM WebSphere
• IBM WSRR
• IBM DataPower
• IBM IIB
• Experience with one or more formal approaches to system modelling.
• Experience as a lead technical professional in one or more of an application development project, or a system implementation engagement.
• Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) required.
• Proven knowledge transfer/training skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills: both written and verbal are required.
In addition, the following would be considered an asset for this position:
• 2-3 years’ experience in a consulting environment, working with varied clients (internal or external) on project-based initiatives would be highly desirable
• Experience in developing responses to proposals (RFI/RFPs), including participation in identification of new opportunities
• Ability to build strong client relationships at the senior management level (director / vice-president) in a relevant market and leverage them to evaluate sales opportunities
• Experience with ITIL processes
• Clinical experience
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
We Do This By Making Three Commitments To Our People
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally.
• You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
• You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
• You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.