The Minister for Trade and Investment, Okechukwu Enelemah, has
disclosed the 27 industries that would benefit in the Federal
government’s recently introduced pioneer status also known as tax break
policy. Last week, the Federal government announced the introduction of
Pioneer status, a policy where companies within a certain industry will
be exempted from paying company income tax for an initial period of
three years. Afterward, they can be exempted for two more years.
Among the industries to benefit from the tax break include:
1. Mining and processing of coal.
2. Processing and preservation of meat/poultry and production of meat/poultry products.
3. Manufacture of starches and starch products.
4. Processing of cocoa.
5. Manufacture of animal feeds.
6. Tanning and dressing of leather.
7. Manufacture of leather footwear, luggage, and handbags.
8. Manufacture of household and personal hygiene paper products.
9. Manufacture of paints, varnishes and printing ink.
10. Manufacture of plastic products (builders’ plastic ware) and molds.
11. Manufacture of batteries and accumulators.
12. Manufacture of steam generators.
13. Manufacture of railway locomotives, wagons and rolling stock.
14. Manufacture of metal-forming machinery and machine tools.
15. Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy.
16. Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage processing.
17. Manufacture of machinery for textile, apparel and leather production.
18. Manufacture of machinery for paper and paperboard production.
19. Manufacture of plastics and rubber machinery.
20. Waste treatment, disposal, and material recovery.
21. E-commerce services.
22. Software development and publishing.
23. Motion picture, video and television programme production, distribution, exhibition and photography.
24. Music production, publishing and distribution.
25. Real estate investment vehicles under the Investments and Securities Act.
26. Mortgage backed securities under the Investments and Securities Act.
27. Business process outsourcing.
L. A Prisoners Infect Themselves With Coronavirus To Get Early Release (VIDEO)
A group of silly L.A area prison inmates were very eager to contract the dreaded coronavirus .
They attempted this because they believed that would trigger their ticket out of prison.
According to the L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva who made the startling revelation Monday, said about twenty-four (24) inmates at the Pitchess Detention Center in Castaic attempted (and somewhat succeeded, apparently) to infect themselves way back in mid-April 2020.
The Sheriff revealed that their department saw an increase in spike in confirmed cases out of nowhere.
He said that when they investigated, they found a high number of inmates living in one block of the prison appeared to be deliberately trying to infect each other with COVID-19 any way they could from behind bars.
When Alex Villanueva played the surveillance footages he and his team combed through carefully , and it showed several inmates hanging out in a common area and passing around what Alex described as a hot cup of water, as well as one face mask they’d each put on all in hopes of getting sympathy from a judge to spring them from the facility and let them go home.
But it turns out, their little ploy worked but, only halfway.
Villanueva reported that 21 of the inmates (out of 50 in the block) caught the ‘Coronavirus.
“What they won’t catch is a break” said the Sheriff.
Watch the Video HERE
COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: 12 Year Old Albino Girl Suffers Eye Problems After Hawking Veggies In Abuja (PHOTOS)
A very sad Facebook post greeted Nigerians from Abuja showing a 12 year old Albino Girl Grace, who started developing sight problems after Hawking Veggies under the scorching sun in Abuja.
The Facebook post stated that the little girl was asked to hawk the veggies by her aunt whom she lives with.
Below are the Screenshots of the Facebook post:
This sad news has sparked an outrage by well meaning individuals who spoke against such cruelty and insensitivity of the said girl’s aunt.
what do you think of this? Drop your comments below.
“Buhari is Made In London” – Reno Omokri Blasts Presidency On Nigerian Made Products
The Buhari administration has been known for enforcing the Nigerian people to patronize Nigerian made goods though without much strategy to make life easier while this transition to economic growth is enforced.
The Buhari administration has been known for enforcing the Nigerian people to patronize Nigerian made goods though without much strategy to make life easier while this transition to economic growth is enforced. Many Nigerians have tagged it a harsh move that is insensitive and inhumane but moreso, Reno Omokri has singled out signals of hypocrisy in the President of Nigeria by outlining certain traits of family moves of the President that shows that he(Buhari) as the No.1 citizen has no regards for anything made in Nigeria but yet wants other Nigerians to embrace Nigerian made goods.
Reno Omokri ‘s tweet reads:
His kids schooled in England. His wife just returned from a 3 month UK stay. His daughter gave birth to his grandchild in Spain (made in Spain), yet
, who is London, wants us to patronise made in Nigeria!